Trainers, attention! The Pokémon GO Holidays 2019 event starts at 12:00 a.m. December 24 in your local time zone and lasts until Wednesday, January 1, 2020, at 11:59 p.m., again in your local time zone. That means that, today, as soon as midnight strikes, you should be seeing the new event spawns and Field Research tasks.
Players from New Zealand started reporting new spawns and new shiny Pokemon a few hours ago (just after midnight):
- Shiny Stantler is live, wears Christmas bells!
- Shiny Pichu with winter beanie hat has been hatched!
- Winter Beanie Pikachu is live!
- Shiny Snover has been caught as well!
- Take 5 Snapshots of Ice type Pokémon rewards Cubchoo
Photo credits go out to various redditors on TheSilphRoad subreddit.
There are a few confirmed Field Research tasks already:
|Holiday Event: Take 5 Snapshots of Ice-type Pokemon||Cubchoo|
|Holiday Event: Catch 5 Ice-type Pokemon||Snover|
|Holiday Event: Catch 5 Delibird or Snover||Pikachu with beanie|
|Holiday Event: Catch 10 Ice-type Pokemon||1000 Stardust|
|Holiday Event: Hatch 7 Eggs||Lapras|
Holiday 2019 Raid bosses
- Tier 1: Cubchoo, Snorunt, Klink, Shinx
- Tier 2: Dewgong, Cloyster, Raichu (beanie), Stantler (bells), Mawile
- Tier 3: Piloswine, Jynx, Delibird, Alolan Raichu
- Tier 4: Abomasnow, Lapras, Alolan Marowak, Galarian Weezing, Walrein
- Tier 5: Virizion
Pokémon GO Holidays 2019 perks and bonuses
Bonuses during the entire event
- Open 2x as many Gifts each day (40)
- Carry 2x as many Gifts (20)
- One guaranteed single-use Incubator per day
Bonuses for specific days
- December 24th and 25th – 2x catch and transfer candy
- December 26th and 27th – 2x catch Stardust
- December 28th and 29th – 2x catch XP
- December 30th, 31st, and January 1st – 1/2 egg distance
If you need a quick reminder, here’s what you can look forward to during the event:
- Pokémon in holiday costumes: Pikachu, Raichu, and Pichu wearing beanies and Stantler wearing bells will appear in Pokémon GO for the first time!
- Pokémon appearing in the wild: Delightful Ice-type Pokémon will be appearing in the wild, such as Sneasel, Delibird, Snorunt, and more! Making its Pokémon GO debut will be Cubchoo, the Chill Pokémon!
- Pokémon appearing in Eggs: Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Pichu wearing beanies, and Stantler wearing bells will be hatching from 7 km Eggs!
- Pokémon appearing in Raid Battles: Raichu wearing beanies and Stantler wearing bells will be available to challenge in two-star raids!
- Pokémon attracted by Glacial Lure Modules: Throw a Glacial Lure Module onto a PokéStop near you, and you’ll have a chance of encountering Cryogonal, the Crystallizing Pokémon, making its Pokémon GO debut!
- Event-exclusive Field Research: Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that will reward you with the chance to encounter Pokémon like Pikachu wearing beanies!
- Save Shadow Pokémon! We have reason to believe that Team GO Rocket has turned more Pokémon, including Delibird, into Shadow Pokémon! There might be other Shadow Pokémon to discover in places high and low, so get out there and save them!
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Stantler wearing bells and Shiny Snover!
- Winter-themed avatar items coming to the shop! You can look forward to a Stantler Sweater and a Stantler Headband as well as a Beanie Hat to match the one some Pikachu are wearing for this event!
Featured Pokémon during the event