The Hub is looking for additional writers to join our ranks! If you’re interested in joining our team, see the below for instructions on how to apply.
To apply, submit a “rewrite” of one of our outdated Battledex Pokémon pages: Battledex. These pages need to be updated with new info that includes each raid usage for each Battledex Pokémon, their role in the current Gen III meta, a bit about the weather influence and possibly moveset changes (if they occurred). Or if you think a Pokémon is missing from the Battledex, create a new entry for it.
Submit your articles to this e-mail address: [email protected]. You can submit your articles as Google docs, text files or Word documents. The naming convention should be [discordtag] – GO Hub Writer Application.
Applications will be closing within 5 days (this Sunday most likely).
Stuff you should know / could be interesting to you:
- Hub writers are paid for their work. It’s not much and you can’t think of it as a job, but it will be enough for your monthly Lucky Egg and Raid Pass stash.
- We insist on paying our staff for their work and time. There are also some volunteer staff positions if you’re interested in them.
- You’re expected to write a minimum of 4 articles per month (roughly 1 per week, but not strictly)
- If chosen, you will be given access to writer exclusive chat rooms, our own Trello board and appropriate Discord roles
- By becoming a writer for the Hub, you are expected to represent the Hub with respect and dignity
Frequently asked questions
- Minimum age? There’s no strict rule about this, but 16+ is prefered
- Why now? We’re working on a wider assortment of Hub sites, covering all Niantic games. Writers play a key role in the process
- Is Discord account a must? Yes, it is. We use it to coordinate, chat and work together.
P.S. An added bonus: there will be free swag for staff members in the months to come… but I shouldn’t overpromise before I see the T-shirt test print.
Antonio, GO Hub admin (I’m not scary as they say)