Pokémon GO Lapras has good Attack, good Defense and very high Stamina — same as Vaporeon. Even after the semi recent “Lapras nerf”, it is still an interesting addition to your offensive or defensive rooster.
Unlike Vaporeon, it’s a lot harder to counter Lapras in Pokémon GO, due to its dual ice and water type. Ice and Water protect each other’s vulnerabilities efficiently, which makes Lapras take extra damage from following:
- 125% from electric grass rock and fighting type moves.
- 64% from ice
- 80% from water
Lapras moves in Pokémon GO
|Frost breath Ice||Blizzard Ice||10/130||26.50||33.15|
|Ice shard Ice||Blizzard Ice||12/130||25.95||32.45|
|Water gun Water||Blizzard Ice||5/130||25.95||32.45|
|Frost breath Ice||Hydro pump Water||10/130||25.25||31.55|
|Ice shard Ice||Hydro pump Water||12/130||24.70||30.85|
|Water gun Water||Hydro pump Water||5/130||24.70||30.85|
|Frost breath Ice||Ice beam Ice||10/90||19.20||24.00|
|Ice shard Ice||Ice beam Ice||12/90||18.65||23.30|
|Water gun Water||Ice beam Ice||5/90||18.65||23.30|
|Frost breath Ice||Dragon pulse Dragon||10/90||18.05||19.45|
|Ice shard Ice||Dragon pulse Dragon||12/90||17.50||18.75|
|Water gun Water||Dragon pulse Dragon||5/90||17.50||18.75|
- Water Gun is very fast (0.5 sec) and benefits from STAB, dealing about 12.5 DPS. It gains 10 Energy per second (EPS)
- Frost Breath also benefits from STAB, but it is a bit slower (0.9 sec) than Water Gun. It gains 8.9 EPS slower, but it does more damage (DPS 13.89). This makes Frost Breath slightly better in defense and offense.
Countering Lapras in Pokémon GO
You can counter Lapras easily with a good set of electric Pokémon, especially with a good Ampharos. However, our list of hard counters is skewed towards non-electric types, as they are more readily available for a lot of Trainers out there.
|Volt Switch electric||Rock Throw rock||Counter fighting|
|Zap Cannon electric||Stone Edge rock||Close Combat fighting|
- Golem with rock type moves will do alot of damage quickly, but you have to dodge charged moves, since Golem takes 156% damage from Water and 125% from Ice
- Machamp with fighting moves also does extra damage to Lapras, takes normal amount of damage from all Lapras moves. However, due to its low stamina and defense you also have to dodge charged moves.
- Pokémon GO Steelix with steel type moves deals normal damage to Lapras, but it has enough Stamina and Defense to take a few hits. It might be a better option than Golem and Machamp.