Coming this week in Pokémon GO, commencing 15th August we have the end of the Bug Out! event, and the Pokémon Worlds event.
Creepy and crawly? Or cute and cuddly? Decide for yourself when this event featuring Bug-type Pokémon returns from Wednesday, August 10, 2022, to Tuesday, August 16, 2022. The Bug Out! event will see the debut of the Grubbin family, Mega Scizor, and shiny Venipede! Pansage will also be spawning in the wild globally as part of the GO Fest Sapporo Ultra Unlock, with Unown T appearing in raids. Both can be shiny!
2022 Pokémon World Championships Event
The 2022 Pokémon World Championships will feature Pokémon GO for the very first time, and we’re holding an in-game celebration from Thursday, August 18, 2022, to Tuesday, August 23, 2022!
- The maximum number of GO Battle league sets you can play per day will be increased from 5 to 10, for a total of 50 battles per day
- Challengers with teams inspired by the ones used by trainers who won Pokémon Regional Championships will appear at PokéStops
- 3x Stardust from GO Battle League wins
GO Battle League Season 11
GO Battle League Season 11 will start on Wednesday, June 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
The following will occur at the beginning of the season:
• End-of-season rewards will be available on the battle screen.
• Your GO Battle League rank will be reset.
• Rank-up requirements will remain the same as in Season 10.
Aug 10−Aug 17
Aug 18−Aug 24
- Fighting Cup
- Great League
Tuesday 16th August 6pm till 7pm local time we have Joltik as the featured Pokémon for spotlight hour, along with a 2x Candy for catching Pokémon.
Wednesday 17th August 6pm till 7pm local time Genesect will be appearing in 5-star raids for raid hour.
August Research Breakthrough Encounters
From Monday, August 1st, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Thursday, September 1st, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) Galarian Stunfisk will be featured in the weekly research breakthrough box. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
From Wednesday, August 10, 2022, to Thursday, August 18, 2022 Mega Scizor will be making their debut in Mega Raids.
From Thursday, August 18, 2022, to Thursday, August 25, 2022 Mega Slowbro will be appearing in Mega Raids.
Five Star Raids
From Wednesday, August 10, 2022, to Thursday, August 18, 2022 Genesect will be appearing in 5 star raids with their Chill Drive.
August Research Tasks
For a full list of August 2022 research tasks and rewards check out our article here.
Save Shadow Latios!
Giovanni doesn’t do anything half way! After trainers around the world saved Shadow Latias, the Team GO Rocket Boss has managed to get his hands on a Shadow Latios. It needs your help! Get ready to face off against Giovanni and save Shadow Latios.
Season of GO!
- Increased friendship bonus damage for Raids
- Lure Module duration extended to one hour
- One extra Special Trade per day
- One extra Pokémon Candy when trading Pokémon
- Guaranteed Candy XL when trading Pokémon
- Guaranteed Gifts from PokéStop spins
- Increased damage for Pokémon participating in Raids remotely
- Earlier XL Candy Access: From the Season of GO onward, we are reducing the level requirement necessary to obtain Candy XL. Now, all Trainers level 31 and above will be able to get Candy XL as a reward!
Different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild! As the Season changes, different Pokémon will be appearing in different areas across the world:
The following Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs this Season!
2 km Eggs
5 km Eggs