Pokémon GO Fest 2021 is almost here! The hype is real, and in addition to our massive GO Fest preparation manual, we’re bringing you a two-part compact guide to the whole event. Check out our GO Fest 2021 Day 2 Guide for more Raid-oriented content.
In this article we’ll go through all the Day 1 features, bonuses, and spawns. Keep an eye out for the additional bonuses if you’re playing on Android.
Features and bonuses
All trainers, regardless of if you have a ticket
- Rotating habitat hours – Jungle, Desert Mountain, Ocean Beach and Cave
- Raids for Hitmontop, Deino, Cranidos, Galarian Weezing, Meloetta Hat Galarian Ponyta and Galarian Zigzagoon
- Music-related Pokémon – Chimecho, Kricketot and Audino – appearing in the wild, along with Meloetta Hat Pikachu
- Shiny release for Audino, Chimecho, Tympole and Whismur
- Half hatch distance when incubating during event hours
- Lures will last for three hours
- Igglybuff, Chingling, Audino and more hatching from 7km eggs
- Event-exclusive Field Research
- Special on-map visual effects
- Six special trades per day, running from Friday 16 July at 1:00pm PDT to Sunday 18 July at 11:00pm
- Evolve Kirlia during event hours to get the Community Day move Synchronoise on Gardevoir, or evolve Vibrava to get Earth Power on Flygon
- Special research leading to Meloetta, and choice of encounters between Pikachu Pop Star or Pikachu Rock Star, along with Gardevoir or Flygon, and Galarian Zigzagoon or Galarian Ponyta.
- New in-game music composed by Junichi Masuda – choosing the Pikachu Pop Star research branch will give you “high-energy electro-pop”, while the Rock Star music is promised to be “a rock-and-rolling track”
- Meloetta Hat Gardevoir or Flygon available depending on research choice
- Ability to contribute to the Global Challenge Arena – hourly challenges will unlock bonuses in each hour if completed, and successful unlocks will go towards the three Ultra Unlock events
- Release of shiny Throh, Sawk and Unown F, plus return of shiny Unown G
- Special event stickers received from spinning PokeStops
- Pikachu Pop Star will know Draining Kiss, and Pikachu Rock Star will know Meteor Mash
- Meloetta avatar shirt on completion of special research
- Special avatar poses based on Pikachu Pop Star and Rock Star – pose received depends on your research choice
- Using GO Snapshot after completing the special research on Saturday will give you a photobomb encounter from your chosen musical Pikachu
- Increased shiny chance for Pokémon in the wild and on incense
Known spawns for all trainers
Note: The initial GO Fest announcement mentions that there will be more Pokémon species appearing for each habitat than is listed below – watch out for surprises!
Jungle – Scyther, Aipom, Froakie
Desert Mountain – Skarmory, Shieldon, Hippopotas
Ocean Beach – Dratini, Swablu, Alomomola
Cave – Roggenrola, Galarian Stunfisk, Deino
All day – Chimecho, Kricketot, Audino, Whismur, Tympole
Known ticket spawns
Note: These spawns will appear on incense only.
Jungle – Ludicolo, Chatot, Leafeon and Serperior
Desert Mountain – Flareon, Tyranitar, Flygon and Throh
Ocean Beach – Gyarados, Vaporeon, Azumarill and Sawk
Cave – Umbreon, Gardevoir, Absol and Galvantula
All day – Unown F and Unown G
Available raids (for all trainers)
- Deino, Meloetta Hat Galarian Zigzagoon and Galarian Ponyta (all available shiny)
Cranidos, Hitmontop and Galarian Weezing
Global Challenge Arena
For globally completing a certain amount of Global Challenges Ultra Unlocks (bonus events) will be unlocked for a later date.
|Jungle||Use Berries to Help Catch Pokémon||+500 Catch Stardust|
|Desert Mountain||Spin Pokéstops or Gyms||+500 Pokéstop Spin XP|
|Ocean Beach||Catch Pokémon||+5 Candy for catching Pokémon|
|Cave||Make Great Throws||5X XP for Nice, Great, Excellent, and Curveball Throws|
|Jungle||Snivy, Ekans, Slakoth, Chimchar, Lotad, Croagunk, Scyther, Tangela, Aipom, Chespin||1000 Stardust, 20 Ultra Balls, 1 Incense|
|Desert Mountain||Growlithe, Geodude, Skorupi, Aron, Cacnea, Hippopotas, Fennekin, Trapinch, Skarmory, Shieldon||1000 Stardust, 20 Ultra Balls, 1 Incense|
|Ocean Beach||Magikarp, Wailmer, Tympole, Chinchou, Feebas, Carvanha, Tynamo, Marill, Alomomola, Swablu||1000 Stardust, 20 Ultra Balls, 1 Incense|
|Cave||Sableye, Zubat, Roggenrola, Gligar, Joltik, Ralts, Woobat, Beldum, Galarian Stunfisk, Vanillite||1000 Stardust, 20 Ultra Balls, 1 Incense|
We learned in last week’s announcement that Day 1’s hourly habitats will rotate just like last year’s event, which means the order in which you experience each habitat will be defined by your time zone. To make it easy for you figure out what habitat you’ll be experiencing when, and thus when you’ll want to play hard or take it easy, we’ve put together the table below.
You may even want to screenshot your time zone for easy reference – there’s a lot to keep track of, after all!
Well, that’s it for GO Fest Day 1, fellow Trainers – don’t forget to check out the Pocket Guide to GO Fest Day 2!