- Evolution Items
- Egg Chart changes
- New Regional and Special species
- Shiny Mechanics
- Misc. changes
Recently, we’ve observed a large number of returning Pokemon GO players, coming back into the game to see what’s new.
This guide is created for Trainers who are unsure what has changed in Pokemon GO over the past several months, but know that Generation II was released.
Last updated: 18. June 2017, a day before Gyms are disabled for remodeling.
Since Generation II was released, there are now a number of evolution items you can obtain by spinning PokeStops. There are two ways evolution items drop:
- a very low (0.2%) random chance on every PokeStop spin
- a guaranteed random evolution item on your 7th day streak spin
Egg Chart changes
Over the previous few months, there has been a lot of changes to Egg groups and hatch rarities. The following chart shows only the summary of possible hatches, for detailed information consult our official Egg Hatching Chart.
|2KM Eggs||Aipom, Misdreavus, Pichu, Remoraid, Slugma, Togepi, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Nidoran F, Nidoran M, Ekans, Abra, Oddish, Digglet, Machop, Exeggcute, Geodude, Slowpoke, Gastly, Krabby, Goldeen|
|5KM Eggs||Elekid, Sneasel, Yanma, Girafarig, Magby, Phanpy, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Smoochum, Stantler, Tyrogue, Wobbuffet, Dunsparce, Vulpix, Growlithe, Poliwag, Ponyta, Magnemite, Seel, Grimer, Shellder, Onix, Drowzee, Voltorb, Cubone, Lickitung, Koffing, Rhyhorn, Tangela, Staryu, Scyther, Pinsir, Eevee, Porygon, Omanyte, Kabuto|
|10KM Eggs||Gligar, Miltank, Larvitar, Mantine, Mareep, Pineco, Skarmory, Sudowoodo, Chansey, Lapras, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Dratini|
New Regional and Special species
The following map shows regions where these Pokemon species can be found. The map was created by a Reddit user called oktimeforplanb.
As far as special species go, two Generation II species are still not released:
There is currently only 1 confirmed Shiny Pokemon available: yellow Magikarp that later evolves into a red Gyarados. Shiny Pokemon were introduced in March 2017.
This is what we know so far about Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon GO:
- They feature a different color palette from their normal counterparts
- They do not appear as shiny on the Nearby/Sightings tracker
- Whether a Pokemon is shiny is randomly determined for each Trainer, so a same Magikarp can be shiny for your friend, and normal to you
In addition to everything mentioned above, a plethora of smaller changes has happened recently:
- Type-specific events are happening roughly every month. Check our Pokemon GO Events page for more information.
- Pokemon IV values in the wild are now randomized for every Trainer under Level 20
- Pokemon with different genders have been observed in the wild!
- Pokedex now features buttons to show Genders and Shiny variants if you caught them
- The Unown family has been released and a special medal is available for capturing them. It’s considered to be the most difficult medal to obtain
- A new shadow-banning mechanism has been deployed to fight GPS spoofers and bot accounts
- Niantic Customer Support accounts have joined Reddit
- A new Support Twitter account called NianticHelp has been created
- Promo Codes have appeared on Android
- A new loading screen is live, featuring Steelix