Coming this week in Pokémon GO, commencing 10th January we have the Mountains of Power event and Spheal Community Day!
Mountains of Power
Mountains of Power lasts from Friday, January 7, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. to Thursday, January 13, 2022, at 8:00 p.m. local time. Shiny Slugma will be released for the first time!
Mountains of Power event bonuses include the following:
- 1/2 walking distance to earn hearts with your buddy
- Mawile and Beldum in Timed Research tasks
- Shiny Slugma debuts in Pokémon GO
- Mega Aerodactyl debuts in Pokémon GO
- Heatran in Five-star raids
- Cave dweling Pokémon in wild encounters
The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild during Mountains of Power event:
Spheal Community Day
Join us on Sunday, January 16, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time for a Community Day event featuring Spheal, the Clap Pokémon! Spheal will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Evolve Sealeo (Spheal’s Evolution) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Walrein that knows the Charged Attack Icicle Spear and Fast Attack Powder Snow. For more details, check out our full article here.
Season 10 GO Battle League
GO Battle League Season 10 will start on Monday, November 29, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8). Pokémon appearing in GO Battle League encounters will now be slightly easier to catch.
Between January 10 – January 24 the following leagues will be available:
*Pokémon must be at or below 1,500 CP to enter and only Pokémon with a Pokédex number from #387 to #493 will be allowed.
Tuesday 11th January 6pm till 7pm local time we have Diglett as the featured Pokémon for spotlight hour, along with a 2x stardust for catching Pokémon.
Wednesday 12th January 6pm till 7pm local time Heatran will be appearing in five-star raids. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
January Research Breakthrough Encounters
From Saturday, January 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, February 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) Onix will be the featured Pokemon in your research breakthrough box. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a shiny Onix.
From Friday, January 7, 2022, to Tuesday, February 1, 2022 Mega Aerodactyl will be making their Pokémon GO debut!
Five Star Raids
From Friday, January 7, 2022, to Saturday, January 15, 2022 Heatran will be in 5-star raids.
From Saturday, January 15, 2022 to Monday, January 24, 2022 Genesect (Shock Drive)* will be in 5-star raids.
*Genesect (Shock Drive) caught during this period will know the attack Techno Blast. Genesect will not be available shiny at this time.
January Weekly 1 PokéCoin bundles
Every Monday in January, a one-time-purchase bundle containing a Remote Raid Pass and other items will be available in the shop for 1 PokéCoin.
January Monthly Bonus
For the month of January you will receive 2× XP for first catch of each day.
January Timed Research Challenge
Timed Research: XP Challenge
- Pokémon GO Tour pre-purchase exclusive
Note: January’s Timed Research will be available to Trainers who pre-purchase a ticket for Pokémon GO Tour: Johto prior to January 10, 2022.
- Earn XP during the month of January to make progress on Spark’s Timed Research and unlock rewards like the Goomy Hat avatar item!
- The Goomy Hat avatar item will be available for purchase in the shop after the Season ends.
Goomy Hat Avatar Item
- Earn 240,000 XP Total to Unlock!
January Research Tasks
For a full list of the January Research tasks, including both the season, and permanent tasks, check out our article here.
Season of Heritage
Running from Wednesday, December 1st at 10:00 a.m. local time to Tuesday, March 1st, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. local time, the Season of Heritage is here! Trainers will embark on a journey inspired by the past as we run-up to the Pokémon Go Tour: Johto event.
Seasonal Bonuses 🎁
During the Season of Heritage, the following bonuses will be active.
- Increased effectiveness of Incense while stationary
- Added Increased Incense effectiveness while moving
- Increased damage for Pokémon participating in raids remotely
- Guaranteed Gifts from PokéStop spins
- One extra Pokémon Candy when trading Pokémon
- Guaranteed Candy XL when trading Pokémon
Monthly Seasonal Bonuses and Timed Research
- A different Seasonal Bonus will be featured every month during the Season of Heritage. For December, work alongside Blanche to complete a Stardust Challenge!
- Timed Research will be available every month and will reward Trainers with exclusive avatar items.
- December’s Timed Research will be available to all Trainers, while the Timed Research in January and February will be available to those who pre-purchase a ticket for Pokémon GO Tour: Johto.
Different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild!
As the seasons change, different Pokémon will be appearing in different areas across the world!