Coming this week in Pokémon GO, commencing 30th August, we have an exciting week ahead with the start of the Season of Mischief!
GO Battle League – All Leagues
All three GO Battle leagues will run from Monday, August 23, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, August 30, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
Season 9 GO Battle League
GO Battle League Season 9 will start on Monday, August 30, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
The following will occur at the beginning of the season:
- End of season rewards will be available on the battle screen.
- Your GO Battle League rank will be reset.
- Rank-up requirements will remain the same as in Season 8.
Between August 30 – September 13 the following leagues will be featured:
- Great League
- Great League Remix
Starting 17th June 12am local time, a new GO Rocket Special Research called “A Seven-Colored Shadow” will be released. Trainers will be able to get a Super Rocket Radar and free Ho-Oh from Giovanni’s grasp.
Super Rocket Radars won’t be able to track down Giovanni during the Season of Mischief, so no need to keep them equipped.
Season of Discovery
The Season of Discovery kicks off from June 1, 2021, and lasts until September 1, 2021.
- New Pokémon will be available from Wild encounters, Eggs and Raids, and new Field Research tasks will be available from PokéStops
- Different biomes in GO will feature more appropriately themed Pokémon (cities, forests, mountains and water bodies)
- Summer and Winter Form Deerling in Northern and Southern Hemisphere
- Mega Raids will feature only one Mega-Evolved Pokémon at a time during this season
- Throughout the entire Season, you’ll earn twice the XP from Research Breakthroughs
Season of Mischief
When Hoopa summoned Legendary Pokémon to Pokémon GO during Pokémon GO Fest 2021, time and space were distorted. Hoopa has also brought Pokémon originally discovered in the Galar region to Pokémon GO for the first time! Be sure to follow along during the Season to see what else might happen! The Season of Mischief will run from Wednesday, September 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Wednesday, December 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
Beginning September 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time, you’ll be able to access a season-long Special Research story. Throughout the Season of Mischief, you’ll gain access to different sets of tasks in this Special Research story. For instance, you’ll be able to encounter Confined Hoopa by completing a set of tasks that’ll unlock beginning September 5.
Different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild! As the seasons change, different Pokémon will be appearing in different areas across the world!
- Cities: Shuppet, Trubbish, Gothita, and more
- Forests: Teddiursa, Shelmet, Karrablast, and more
- Mountains: Geodude, Rhyhorn, Slugma, and more
- Bodies of water: Krabby, Horsea, Mantine and more
- Northern hemisphere: Jigglypuff, Slowpoke, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Bidoof, Autumn Form Deerling, and more.
- Southern hemisphere: Clefairy, Roselia, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Tympole, Spring Form Deerling, and more.
Different Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs! The following Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs this Season.
- Female Nidoran, Male Nidoran, Barboach, Drifloon, and more will be hatching from 2 km Eggs.
- Seel, Pineco, Sableye, Chingling, and more will be hatching from 5 km Eggs.
- Audino, Mienfoo, and more will be hatching from 10 km Eggs.
- Shieldon, Cranidos, female Frillish, and more will be hatching from 5 km Eggs earned from Adventure Sync rewards.
- Riolu, Deino, Noibat, and more will be hatching from 10 km Eggs earned from Adventure Sync rewards.
Hoopa’s Arrival Event
Available beginning Sunday, September 5, 2021, at 11:00 a.m. local time Complete the seasonal Special Research tasks for an opportunity to catch Hoopa! On Sunday, September 5, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, various strange phenomena will be happening all around the world —maybe this has something to do with Hoopa?!
The following types of Pokémon will be appearing in the wild and attracted to Incense at the listed local times:
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Psychic-type Pokémon
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Ghost-type Pokémon and Dark-type Pokémon
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Psychic-type Pokémon
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Ghost-type Pokémon and Dark-type Pokémon
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Psychic-type Pokémon
- 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Ghost-type Pokémon and Dark-type
Pokémon Available Pokémon include the following:
- Psychic-type hours: Exeggcute, Jynx, Natu, Girafarig, Spoink, Beldum, Munna
- Ghost-type and Dark-type hours: Alolan Rattata, Poochyena, Sableye, Carvanha, Duskull, Drifloon, Purrloin
Other event bonuses:
- There will be a Collection Challenge available featuring Pokémon attracted to Incense during the event hours.
- The Collection Challenge will reward Hoopa Candy and the Poké Ball Lift avatar pose!
- You’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- A free bundle containing an Incense will be available in the shop.
- Complete event-exclusive Field Research tasks to earn Rare Candies and a variety of Poké Ball types!
Tuesday 31st August 6pm till 7pm local time we have Wooloo as the featured Pokémon for spotlight hour, along with a 2x XP for evolving Pokémon.
On Wednesday 1st September 6pm till 7pm local time we have Lugia Raid Hour. For more information on the best counters for check out our raid guide!
August Research Breakthrough Encounter
From Sunday, August 1, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Wednesday, September 1, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), you’ll encounter Chimecho in Research Breakthrough encounters.
Double XP for Research Breakthroughs will also continue throughout this month as part of the Season of Discovery.
September Research Breakthrough encounters
From Wednesday, September 1, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, October 1, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), you’ll encounter Ditto in Research Breakthrough encounters. For the first time ever outside of Special Research, you might encounter a Shiny Ditto, if you’re lucky! You might also find a Shiny Ditto in the wild during and after this period.
Weekly 1 PokéCoin bundles
Every Monday in September, a one-time-purchase bundle containing a Remote Raid Pass and other items will be available in the shop for 1 PokéCoin.
Mega Pidgeot will appear in Mega Raids from Thursday, August 26, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Wednesday September 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
Mega Slowbro will be appearing in Mega Raids from Wednesday, September 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, September 14, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time. During September Mega Slowbro will receive a CP boost when mega evolved.
Five Star Raids
Zamazenta will be appearing in raids from Thursday, August 26, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Wednesday, September 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
Lugia will be appearing in five-star raids from Wednesday, September 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, September 14, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
August Research Tasks
For a full list of the August Research tasks, including both the season, and permanent tasks, check out our article here.
September Research Tasks
For a full list of the September Research tasks, including both the season, and permanent tasks, check out our article here. (Article will be posted as soon as we have all tasks confirmed!)