Coming this week in Pokémon GO, commencing 11th July we have the end of the Pokémon GO Anniversary Week event and Starly Community Day!
Starly Community DayStarly
Starly Community Day will take place on Sunday July 17 2022 from 11am to 2pm local time. Starly will feature more frequently in the wild, and if you are lucky, you might catch a shiny one! Evolve Staravia into Staraptor during the event, or for up to five hours after, to get a Staraptor that knows the fast attack Gust.
- Evolve Staravia (Starly's Evolution) during the event or up to five hours afterwards to get a Staraptor that knows the Fast Attack Gust
- 3x Catch XP
- 2x Candy for catching Pokémon
- 2x chance to receive Starly Candy XL from catching Starly
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise
- One additional special trade can be made during the event and up to five hours afterward for a maximum of three for the day
- Trades made during the event and up to five hours afterward will require 50% less Stardust
Work together with other trainers to unlock additional group-play bonuses!
If enough Pokémon are caught by trainers with help from a single Lure module, the 3x XP bonus for catching Pokémon near the Lured Pokéstop will be increased to a 4x XP bonus for 30 minutes.
This bonus will not stack with the 3x XP bonus, it will instead replace it.
Bonus Staravia Raid Battles After Community DayStaravia
After the three hour Community Day event ends, trainers will be able to battle unique tier 4 raid battles. Victory in one of these battles will cause Starly to appear around the gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. These Starly will have the opportunity to be shiny with the same chances as Community Day rates.
These raids can only be accessed via in person raid passes, and cannot be raided using remote raid passes.
Deino Community Day Make Up EventDeino
As Deino Community Day had difficulties running, a make up event has been announced by the official Japanese Pokémon GO Twitter account, followed by Niantic Support, for time zones who were impacted by various issues during this exciting Community Day:
‘We sincerely apologize for the issues that occurred in our earliest time zones (GMT+5 – GMT+12) during our Deino Community Day. A makeup event for affected zones will be held on Saturday, July 16, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time.’
Pokémon GO Sixth Anniversary Week
From Wednesday July 6 at 10:00am local time, to Tuesday July 12 at 8:00pm local time we have a special six themed anniversary event, which includes a special emphasis on fan favourite Charizard, which is #006 in the Pokédex. We have event themed tasks, a Battle Weekend, Timed Research, and more to look forward to.
We hope you like costume Pokémon!
Party hat Chameleon, Party Hat Charizard, and Cake Costume Pikachu all make their Pokémon GO debuts! If you are lucky, you may encounter shiny versions of all three of these new party themed Pokémon.
Pansear will be appearing in the wild worldwide, Unown E will be appearing in raids, and special research will be available with Wash Rotom as a reward.
Tuesday 12th July 6pm till 7pm local time we have Machop as the featured Pokémon for spotlight hour, along with a 2x candy for catching Pokémon.
Wednesday 13th July 6pm till 7pm local time Zapdos will be appearing in 5-star raids for raid hour.
July Research Breakthrough Encounters
From Friday, July 1st, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Monday, August 1st, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) Lickitung will be featured in the weekly research breakthrough box. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
Raids this week
From Thursday, July 7, 2022, to Thursday, July 14, 2022 Mega Charizard Y will be appearing in Mega Raids.Pidgeot (Mega)
From Thursday, July 14, 2022, to Friday, July 22, 2022 Mega Pidgeot will be appearing in Mega Raids.
Five Star RaidsZapdos
From Thursday, July 7, 2022, to Thursday, July 14, 2022 Zapdos will be appearing in 5-star raids.Moltres
From Thursday, July 14, 2022, to Friday, July 22, 2022 Moltres will be appearing in 5-star raids.
July Research Tasks
For a full list of July 2022 research tasks and rewards check out our article here.
Save Shadow Latios!
Giovanni doesn’t do anything half way! After trainers around the world saved Shadow Latias, the Team GO Rocket Boss has managed to get his hands on a Shadow Latios. It needs your help! Get ready to face off against Giovanni and save Shadow Latios.
GO Battle League Season 11
GO Battle League Season 11 started on Wednesday, June 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). The following will occur at the beginning of the season:
- End-of-season rewards will be available on the battle screen.
- Your GO Battle League rank will be reset.
- Rank-up requirements will remain the same as in Season 10.
July 6−July 13
July 13−July 20
Season of GO
Season of GO is the currently running Season in Pokémon GO. Here are the bonuses which are applied:
- Increased Friendship bonus damage for Raids
- Increased damage for Pokémon participating in Raids remotely
- Guaranteed Candy XL when trading Pokémon
- Earlier XL Candy Access: From the Season of GO onward, we are reducing the level requirement necessary to obtain Candy XL. Now, all Trainers level 31 and above will be able to get Candy XL as a reward!
- One extra Pokémon Candy when trading Pokémon
- One extra Special Trade per day
- Guaranteed Gifts from PokéStop spins
- Lure Module duration extended to one hour
Season of GO Spawns
Different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild! As the Season changes, different Pokémon will be appearing in different areas across the world:
Season of GO Eggs
The following Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs this Season!
2 km Eggs
5 km Eggs