Coming this week in Pokémon GO, commencing 20th December we have the Pokémon GO Holidays Event part 1 & 2, the Holiday Cup in PvP, the release of Bergmite, and increased trade distance!
Happy holidays trainers, and stay safe!
Pokémon GO Holidays Event
Pokémon GO Holidays 2021 last from December 16, 2021 to December 31, 2021, and the event is split into two parts. Bonuses are available during the entire Event unless stated otherwise. Shiny Spheal is being released, and Bergmite and Avalugg are making their Pokémon GO debut!
Part 1 runs from Thursday, December 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 23, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time
- Open up to 45 Gifts per day, and hold up to 40 Gifts in your Item Bag
- Mega Abomasnow CP boost
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will have more Water– and Ice-type Pokémon
- You’ll be able to encounter costumed Pokémon: Holiday Delibird, Holiday Stantler, Holiday Spheal, Holiday Cubchoo and Holiday Glaceon
- Festive Hat, Festive Jacket and Festive Shorts will be available in the in-game Shop
- You’ll be able to get holiday-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
The following Pokémon will be available to encounter in the wild.
Part 2 runs from Thursday, December 23, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Friday, December 31, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time.
Bergmite and Avalugg will make their Pokémon GO debuts!
During part 2 of the event, you’ll get an Egg Incubator for spinning your first PokéStop each day!
Two Timed Research lines focused on friendship and catching Pokémon will be available during part 2 of the event!
Complete them for fun surprises and rewards! Each of these research lines will lead to an encounter with Galarian Mr. Mime!Mr. Mime (Galarian)
A Collection Challenge focused on trading with your friends will be available from Saturday, December 25, 2021, to Friday, December 31, at 8:00 p.m. local time.
A Winter Wonderland Mini-Event
A special mini-event will take place from Saturday, December 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 26, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time. You’ll be able to trade with Trainers up to 40 km away.
UPDATE – The Winter Wonderland bonus of extending trade distance to 40km will now be active from 12/24 at 10:00 a.m. PST (GMT-8) to 12/27 10:00 a.m. PST (GMT-8).
Season 10 GO Battle League
GO Battle League Season 10 will start on Monday, November 29, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8). Pokémon appearing in GO Battle League encounters will now be slightly easier to catch.
Between December 13 and December 27 the following leagues will be featured:
- Ultra League
- Ultra League Remix**
- Holiday Cup*** (begins Dec 16)
**The following Pokémon are not allowed in GBL Season 10 Ultra League Remix:
Venusaur, Alolan Muk, Umbreon, Swampert, Empoleon, Togekiss, Altered Forme Giratina, Cresselia, Talonflame, Obstagoon
***Pokémon must be at or below 1,500 CP to enter. Only Normal Grass Electric Ice and Ghost type Pokémon are permitted.
Tuesday 21st December 6pm till 7pm local time we have Snover as the featured Pokémon for spotlight hour, along with a 2x XP for catching Pokémon.
Wednesday 22nd December 6pm till 7pm local time Kyurem will be appearing in five-star raids. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
December Research Breakthrough Encounters
From Wednesday, December 1, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) to Saturday, January 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) Deino will be the reward for the Field Research Breakthrough rewards, if you’re lucky you may encounter a shiny one!
For the first time in Pokémon GO, Mega Steelix will be appearing in Mega Raids from 10 am local on December 1st, until 10 am local on December 23rd.
Mega Abomasnow will make its return at 10 am local on December 23rd until 10 am local on January 7th.
Five Star Raids
From 10 am local on December 16th to 10 am local on December 31st Kyurem will be in 5-star raids.
Weekly 1 PokéCoin bundles
Every Monday in December, a one-time-purchase bundle containing a Remote Raid Pass and other items will be available in the shop for 1 PokéCoin.
For the month of December you will receive 2× Stardust for first catch of each day.
December Research Tasks
For a full list of the December Research tasks, including both the season, and permanent tasks, check out our article here.
Season of Heritage
Running from Wednesday, December 1st at 10:00 a.m. local time to Tuesday, March 1st, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. local time, the Season of Heritage is here! Trainers will embark on a journey inspired by the past as we run-up to the Pokémon Go Tour: Johto event.
Seasonal Bonuses 🎁
During the Season of Heritage, the following bonuses will be active.
- Increased effectiveness of Incense while stationary
- Added Increased Incense effectiveness while moving
- Increased damage for Pokémon participating in raids remotely
- Guaranteed Gifts from PokéStop spins
- One extra Pokémon Candy when trading Pokémon
- Guaranteed Candy XL when trading Pokémon
Monthly Seasonal Bonuses and Timed Research
- A different Seasonal Bonus will be featured every month during the Season of Heritage. For December, work alongside Blanche to complete a Stardust Challenge!
- Timed Research will be available every month and will reward Trainers with exclusive avatar items.
- December’s Timed Research will be available to all Trainers, while the Timed Research in January and February will be available to those who pre-purchase a ticket for Pokémon GO Tour: Johto.
Different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild!
As the seasons change, different Pokémon will be appearing in different areas across the world!