Coming this week in Pokémon GO, commencing 13th December we have the start of the Pokémon GO Holidays Event, the Holiday Cup in PvP, and the release of shiny Kyurem!
Pokémon GO Holidays Event
Pokémon GO Holidays 2021 last from December 16, 2021 to December 31, 2021, and the event is split into two parts. Bonuses are available during the entire Event unless stated otherwise. Shiny Spheal is being released!
Part 1 runs from Thursday, December 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 23, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time
- Open up to 45 Gifts per day, and hold up to 40 Gifts in your Item Bag
- Mega Abomasnow CP boost
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will have more Water– and Ice-type Pokémon
- You’ll be able to encounter costumed Pokémon: Holiday Delibird, Holiday Stantler, Holiday Spheal, Holiday Cubchoo and Holiday Glaceon
- Festive Hat, Festive Jacket and Festive Shorts will be available in the in-game Shop
- You’ll be able to get holiday-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
The following Pokémon will be available to encounter in the wild.
Season 10 GO Battle League
GO Battle League Season 10 will start on Monday, November 29, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8). Pokémon appearing in GO Battle League encounters will now be slightly easier to catch.
Between November 29 and December 13 the following leagues will be featured:
- Great League
- Great League Remix*
*The following Pokémon are not allowed in GBL Season 10 Great League Remix:
Venusaur, Nidoqueen, Alolan Ninetails, Azumarill, Umbreon, Skarmory, Swampert, Vigoroth, Sableye, Medicham, Altaria, Defense Forme Deoxys, Bastiodon, Scrafty, Jellicent, Galvantula, Galarian Stunfisk, Mandibuzz, Talonflame, Obstagoon
Between December 13 and December 27 the following leagues will be featured:
- Ultra League
- Ultra League Remix**
- Holiday Cup*** (begins Dec 16)
**The following Pokémon are not allowed in GBL Season 10 Ultra League Remix:
Venusaur, Alolan Muk, Umbreon, Swampert, Empoleon, Togekiss, Altered Forme Giratina, Cresselia, Talonflame, Obstagoon
***Pokémon must be at or below 1,500 CP to enter. Only Normal Grass Electric Ice and Ghost type Pokémon are permitted.
New in-game feature: Postcard Book 📫
Postcard Book is a new Pokémon GO feature that allows players to save memories from locations they or their friends visited. Postcard Book is a non-competitive, collector-oriented feature that you’ll love it.
Whenever a Trainer sends a gift, a postcard from that location is also attached based on the Pokéstop location that gift was from. Or you can pin postcards from your own Gifts, by finding them in the Item Bag.
The Postcard Book feature will be released at the start of the Pokémon GO Holidays event.
Tuesday 14th December 6pm till 7pm local time we have Magmar as the featured Pokémon for spotlight hour, along with a 2x XP for evolving Pokémon.
December Research Breakthrough Encounters
From Wednesday, December 1, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) to Saturday, January 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) Deino will be the reward for the Field Research Breakthrough rewards, if you’re lucky you may encounter a shiny one!
For the first time in Pokémon GO, Mega Steelix will be appearing in Mega Raids from 10 am local on December 1st, until 10 am local on December 23rd.
Five Star RaidsKyurem
From 10 am local on December 16th to 10 am local on December 31st Kyurem will be in 5-star raids.
Weekly 1 PokéCoin bundles
Every Monday in December, a one-time-purchase bundle containing a Remote Raid Pass and other items will be available in the shop for 1 PokéCoin.
For the month of December you will receive 2× Stardust for first catch of each day.
December Research Tasks
For a full list of the December Research tasks, including both the season, and permanent tasks, check out our article here.
Season of Heritage
Running from Wednesday, December 1st at 10:00 a.m. local time to Tuesday, March 1st, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. local time, the Season of Heritage is here! Trainers will embark on a journey inspired by the past as we run-up to the Pokémon Go Tour: Johto event.
Seasonal Bonuses 🎁
During the Season of Heritage, the following bonuses will be active.
- Increased effectiveness of Incense while stationary
- Added Increased Incense effectiveness while moving
- Increased damage for Pokémon participating in raids remotely
- Guaranteed Gifts from PokéStop spins
- One extra Pokémon Candy when trading Pokémon
- Guaranteed Candy XL when trading Pokémon
Monthly Seasonal Bonuses and Timed Research
- A different Seasonal Bonus will be featured every month during the Season of Heritage. For December, work alongside Blanche to complete a Stardust Challenge!
- Timed Research will be available every month and will reward Trainers with exclusive avatar items.
- December’s Timed Research will be available to all Trainers, while the Timed Research in January and February will be available to those who pre-purchase a ticket for Pokémon GO Tour: Johto.
Different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild!
As the seasons change, different Pokémon will be appearing in different areas across the world!