Pokémon GO Fashion Week 2022 takes place from September 27, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, October 3, 2022, at 8:00 p.m. local time. Mareanie and Toxapex debut in Pokémon GO, alongside Shiny Furfrou and other Pokémon wearing thematic costumes.
Fashion Week 2021 was a hugely popular event, and Fashion Week 2022 looks to be no different! With new Pokémon released, new costume Pokémon, and the debut of shiny Furfrou, get ready to strut your stuff with this amazing event.
Mareanie and Toxapex
Mareanie and Toxapex, the Brutal Star Pokémon, will make their Pokémon GO debut. It will take 50 Mareanie candy to evolve Mareanie into Toxapex.
New Costume Pokémon
Diglett, Dugtrio, Absol and Toxicroak wearing fashionable costumes will make their debut in Pokémon GO. Toxicroak gets a hat, Diglett and Dugtrio as well, while Absol finally gets sunglasses.
Furfrou, the popular fashionable doggo, will be making their shiny debut in Pokémon GO! With a variety of special regional trims, these are bound to be highly sought after, so make your trim choices wisely.
For more information on how Furfrou trims work, and which region has which trim, check out our article here. All sprites shown in the below table are the shiny versions of each trim.
|Natural Form||Dandy Trim||Debutante Trim|
|Kabuki Trim||La Reine Trim||Matron Trim|
|Diamond Trim||Heart Trim||Pharaoh Trim|
The following event themed Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild during 2022’s Fashion Week event:
If you are lucky, you may encounter the following:
The following Pokémon will be available in raids:
One Star Raids
Related: Diglett, Shinx, Croagunk, Furfrou and Scraggy raid guides.
Three Star Raids
Related: Butterfree, Absol, Kirlia and Mareanie raid guides.
Five Star Raids
Related: Yveltal raid guide.
Related: Mega Lopunny raid guide.
The following Pokémon will hatch from 7km eggs:
The following Pokémon will be available as rewards for completing event themed field research tasks:
|Make 3 Great Throws||Eevee|
|Catch 5 Pokemon||Murkrow|
|Make 3 Nice Throws||Skitty|
|Take a snapshot of Glameow in the wild|
|Catch 15 Pokemon||Croagunk Hat|
|Use 10 Berries to help catch Pokemon||Blitzle Scarf|
|Take a snapshot of Blitzle in the wild||Furfrou|
|Make 5 Great Throws||Mareanie|
|Take 3 snapshots of wild Pokémon||Furfrou|
Fashion Week Timed Research
Fashion Week 2022 Timed Research will be available during the event. Complete the tasks to earn items, battle Challengers and discover encounters with fashionable Pokémon.
Fashion Week (1/6)
|Use 3 Berries to help catch Pokémon||1× Potion|
|Catch 5 Pokémon||5× Poke Ball|
|Take 5 snapshots of wild Pokémon||5× Nanab Berry|
- Battle Quirky Challenger
Fashion Week (2/6)
|Battle a Fashion Challenger||1500× XP|
Fashion Week (3/6)
|Make 5 Great Curveball Throws||10× Great Ball|
|Take a snapshot of Mareanie in the wild||10× Razz Berry|
|Catch a Furfrou||25× Furfrou Candy|
- Battle Rugged Challenger
Fashion Week (4/6)
|Battle a Fashion Challenger||2000× XP|
Fashion Week (5/6)
|Take 10 snapshots of wild Pokémon||2× Silver Pinap Berry|
|Use 10 Berries to help catch Pokémon||10× Pinap Berry|
|Make 3 Excellent Curveball Throws||25× Great Ball|
|Power up Pokémon 10 times||20× Ultra Ball|
|Catch 15 Pokémon||2× Golden Razz Berry|
- Battle Cool Challenger
Fashion Week (6/6)
|Battle a Fashion Challenger||3000× XP|
- Absol Sunglasses
- 10000× Stardust
New avatar items will be available to purchase during the event, and will continue to be available in the shop once the event ends.
GO Snapshot Encounters
Take snapshots during the event for a surprise encounter with a fashionable Pokémon.
Date and Time
- Tuesday, September 27, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, October 3, 2022, at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Mareanie and Toxapex debut in Pokémon GO.
- Shiny Furfrou debuts, includes Shiny versions of all Furfrou Trims.
- Costumed Digglet, Dugtrio, Toxicroak and Absol will be available during the event.
- Pokémon wearing Fashionable Costumes will appear more frequently in the wild, alongside select Pokémon connected to Fashion Week.
- Event-exclusive Field and Timed Research featuring Mareanie and other Pokémon.
- Event-exclusive Raid Battles featuring Mareanie and other Fashionable Pokémon.
- Mega Loppuny in Mega Raids, Yveltal in Five-Star Raids.
A quick guide to Pokémon GO Fashion Week 2022
Things to look out for during this event:
- You absolutely want to farm enough Mareanie candy to evolve a Toxapex, unlock a second move and power it up to sub 1500 CP values. Toxapex is a beast in Trainer Battles, as thoroughly explained by JRE47 in his iconic Toxapex PvP Analysis: Look out, Great League! article
- There are a lot of Shiny costumed Pokémon you want to be on the lookout during this event. Shiny hat Croagunk, shiny hat Shinx, shiny event Butterfree, shiny Diglett with Hat, shiny Absol with sunglasses, shiny event Blitzle and shiny hat Kirlia.
- Of course, Shiny Yveltal is also something you can farm, especially if you haven’t had the chance to obtain Yveltal before. Our Yveltal Raid Guide is up to date with the best counters you can bring to this Raid Battle.
- There’s a set of Fashion Week Boxes available in the store, and we go through all of them in our Fashion Week Box Analysis. Mixed bag of boxes, but some interesting buys for sure.
- Do complete the Fashion Week 2022 Timed Research quest line. It is a great opportunity to get 10,000 Stardust with (essentially) no effort.